Hi Aneela,

At the moment gadget generation framework provides to select realtime or
database provider. So if you select database provider it will not push data
like in realtime provider but refresh the gadget after configured time
interval.

When it comes to WSO2 DAS there is a batch provider option in gadget
generation where as you can directly configure a DAS event table. These
event tables will be maintained for persisted streams. CEP is used to for
real time processing and those streams are not meant to persist event but
you can persist streams in DAS which could be configured to get events from
a Siddhi Execution plan and create a gadget on that persisted streams event
table.

Regards,

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Aneela Safdar <ansaf_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been doing  a project in wso2cep to take some log files, perform
> queries in execution plans and then direct results to dashboard where a bar
> chart is displaying them.
>
> In addition to just showing bars of events, now I want to store the data
> in db too so I could see what happened previously and so. Till now I have
> only worked with streams and there are few questions I need to ask before
> moving to tables.
>

>    - Should I be installing and configuring a new database as there are
>    some options given in documentation or I will be able to work with default
>    database and configurations?
>    - Do tables and streams both work side by side or I have to shift to
>    one of them as when I create a gadget, it first asks me about source that
>    is it a stream or table?

> Aneela Safdar

*Tharik Kanaka*

WSO2, Inc | lean . enterprise . middleware

Email: tha...@wso2.com | Web: www.wso2.com