Hi All,

Currently APIM is using an internal APIM specific configuration resides in
api-manager.xml which include DAS server URL, username, password etc. Those
configuration are used to instantiate an org.wso2.carbon.databridge.agent.
DataPublisher object, which is then used to publish events directly to
streams in DAS.

As it is an APIM specific configuration, it is not reusable by other
non-APIM features. Also org.wso2.carbon.databridge.agent.DataPublisher is
intended to be used in non-carbon environments, for carbon environments,
the recommended way is to use the Event Stream OSGi Service.

So we were trying to re-structure APIM data publishing code to use new
Event Stream OSGi service explained in [1].

1. Create all the streams defined in DAS in APIM.
2. Create an *event publisher per each stream *which takes data from the
stream and publish to DAS.
3. In each event publisher we need to configure DAS specific configuration.

Ex:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<eventPublisher name="test" statistics="disable" trace="disable" xmlns="
http://wso2.org/carbon/eventpublisher";>
  <from streamName="streamTest" version="1.0.0"/>
  <mapping customMapping="disable" type="wso2event"/>
  <to eventAdapterType="wso2event">
    <property name="username">admin</property>
    <property name="protocol">thrift</property>
    <property name="publishingMode">non-blocking</property>
    <property name="publishTimeout">0</property>
    <property name="receiverURL">tcp://localhost:7611</property>
    <property encrypted="true" name="password">XXXXXXXX</property>
  </to>
</eventPublisher>

But we are facing a small problem here; in APIM there are many event
streams being used. If there's a change happen to DAS configuration, we
need to change it in all the event publishers which makes it difficult to
maintain. As per the offline chat with DAS team, this is a current
limitation.

Are we going to move forward with the existing implementation?

Thanks,
Malintha

[1] [Dev] Common configuration for publishing events from carbon servers to
DAS/CEP
--
Malintha Amarasinghe
Software Engineer