Hi Megala,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Megala Uthayakumar <meg...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Vishanth,
>
> Please find my comments inline.
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Vishanth Balasubramaniam <
> vishan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sinthuja,
>>
>> While testing the multi tenancy flow in the IoT Server I identified that
>> when I am logged into the 'devicemgt' as a tenant, I am not able to go to
>> the device statistics page/dashboard.
>>

> Device Statistics Dashboard will only work in the super-tenant mode.
> Reason behind this is dashboards will saved in the relevant tenant registry
> space and the dashboards that are packed within the car file will saved in
> the super-tenant space. We had another option of sharing dashboards between
> tenants but we cannot use that feature for this particular purpose as with
> that feature dashboard will be visible to all the tenant users regardless
> of his/her role.

AFAIR this feature was implemented in such a way that we get the list of
roles of the logged in user and validate them, and in the case of shared
dashboard this validation will be occurred by the role again but then in
the tenant level, there should be such role created and the user should
have that role. It doesn't mean it is open to all users, such as
internal/everyone.

We can handle this during the tenant creation time where we need to create
that role what ever we configure to view the device stats dashboard in the
tenant space, and assign the tenant admin user for that role. When we do
that, the tenant admin will be able to see the dashboard, and according to
his/her perference he/she can assign the roles to other users for whom he
would like to grant this right. But then later on if super tenant changes
the setting of the dashboard, all tenants view will be affected, I believe
this is not something which will happen regularly in the run time rather in
the setup time, so we can simply document the effect therefore it can be
gracefully handled.

Thanks,
Sinthuja.

--