Hi,

Currently we are working on implementing C5 user portal in IS. Appreciate
your suggestions/ideas for the following concerns regarding challenge
questions.

*1)  Is it necessary to include challenge questions in IS 6.0.0 as a
recovery option?*
Seems like secret questions are neither secure nor reliable enough to be
used as a account recovery mechanism. And also most of the vendors has
completely removed support for security questions including google. In C5,
security question sets will be some what strengthen the recovery and makes
it hard to guess the questions. But seems like need to consider whether it
need to be implemented or not.

*2)  Is it necessary to include security questions in user self sign-up
page? If needed, following way is appropriate?*
As we have planned, in C5, admin can create several security question sets
and can configure the minimum number of questions that need to be answered
by a user. So that in self sign up UI when populating security questions to
a user,

   - security questions need to be categorized according to the security
   question sets
   - all the sets need to be populated for the user
   - user can select any number of security questions from different sets
   not from a same set
   - need to validate whether the user has answered for the minimum number
   of questions

Appreciate your ideas on this.

Thanks and Regards
--