On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 3:20 PM, Isura Karunaratne <is...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Prabath,
>

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Prabath Siriwardena <prab...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Isura,
>>
>> Please find my comment inline...
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 2:02 AM, Isura Karunaratne <is...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>

>>> We are working on implementing account lock/disable features for IS
>>> 6.0.0.
>>>
>>> *Account Lock: *
>>>
>>>    - User *must not *be able to login to the system.
>>>    - Admin user *can* update the user attributes and assign roles
>>>    (account is active)
>>>    - User cannot start a  password recovery flow.
>>>

>> In summary the user cannot do any actions with the system - but the
>> Administrators can.
>>

>>> *Account Disable: *
>>>
>>>    - User *must not* be able to login to the system.
>>>    - Admin user *can not* update the user attributes and cannot assign
>>>    roles until enabling the account. (inactive state)
>>>    - User cannot start a  password recovery flow.
>>>
>>> Neither the user nor the Administrator can do any actions on this user.
>> Special case, the Administrator can enable the user account.
>>

>>> *When will the account be locked?*
>>>

>>>    - Self Signup users until account confirmation
>>>
>>> This is special status - and we need to identify this status different
>> from the account lock. A user in this status can request to resend the
>> confirmation code.
>>
>> Also one (an Administrator) should be able to setup a policy to wipe out
>> all the unconfirmed accounts after sometime. Also there can be cases we
>> still let unconfirmed users login to the system - but only a limited set of
>> functionality is allowed.
>>

>>>    - Try to login with invalid credentials more than configured number
>>>    of attempts. Then the account will be locked configured amount of time.
>>>    (Like 5 minutes). This lock time will be increased if the user locked
>>> again
>>>    based on a configuration.
>>>    - Provide invalid answers more than configured number of attempts,
>>>    when password recovery
>>>    - User onboarding with Email/SMS verification flow.
>>>
>>> Applies the same comment here - for the self-signup
>>

>>>    - When admin needs to block the user to login to the system
>>>    - When admin initiated password reset flow starts.
>>>
>>> We need to identify this states different from the account lock..
>>

> Since we have multiple states for different scenarios, shall we implement
> the state transition (life cycle) like Johann explain in [1]
>
> [1] [Architecture] Lifecycles for Identity Management

+1 I also think what we are discussing here is lifecycle of an 'identity'
and thinking such a way provide more flexibility and extensibility. I guess
we can reuse new lifecycle component developed by API-M team as well.

Thanks !

> Thanks
> Isura
>

>>> *When will the account be disabled?*
>>>

>>>    - When admin needs to inactivate user.
>>>

>>> What is the best way handle account disable check? We can do this from a
>>> inceptor level, then we need to check account disable in each operation.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Isura.
>>>

>>> *Isura Dilhara Karunaratne*
>>> Senior Software Engineer | WSO2
>>> Email: is...@wso2.com
>>> Mob : +94 772 254 810 <+94%2077%20225%204810>
>>> Blog : http://isurad.blogspot.com/
>>>

>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Prabath
>>
>> Twitter : @prabath
>> LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/prabathsiriwardena
>>
>> Mobile : +1 650 625 7950 <(650)%20625-7950>
>>
>> http://facilelogin.com

Sagara Gunathunga

Associate Director / Architect; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com
V.P Apache Web Services;    http://ws.apache.org/