On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Gayan Gunawardana <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In C4 we have used Apache wink [1][2] for SCIM 1.1 test automation.
> Currently we are in the process of implementing test automation for SCIM
> 2.0. Apache wink seems to be not active any more so we are looking into
> alternate solutions. We have couple of options.
>
> *Option -01*
> Use “java.net.HttpURLConnection” as in msf4j automation tests [3].
>
> *Option -02*
> Use CXF proxy based API according to [4] by using JAXRSClientFactory.
>
> *Option -03*
> Use jersey client-api according to [5].
>
> *Option -04*
> Use swagger generated client APIs with below dependencies.
> Swagger-annotations, okhttp, gson, joda-time.
>

> Problem with option-01 is marshalling and unmarshalling process has to be
> done manually. Option-02 also good but swagger changes client dependencies
> frequently.
>
> IMO both option-02, option-03 seems to be fine.
>
> WDYT?

When writing automated test cases we have to be consistent  with the
platform.  MSF4J is our approach to write Java based REST services and
clients for WSO2 products, we can't deviate from that, if MSF4J features
are not sufficient we have to improve MSF4J codebase.

IMO we should use MSF4J Feign client for automation.

Thanks !

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Associate Director / Architect; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com