Hi Raj,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Pubudu,
>
> Thanks for the response. My question is bit different. We have a
> requirement that we want to make sure the official patches released by WSO2
> should be applied to the nodes. That means, we should be able to specify
> the the checksum of the official patches in hiera or whatever and verify
> the checksum of the patches before applying it to the nodes. I think with
> the current puppet modules, it's not possible to do, as we copy all patches
> found inside /files folder to the nodes. But if we want to have this
> feature, then we need to define a resource per patch, I think that's not
> scalable or maintainable.

Do we need a resource per patch here? If we have the list of official
patches and their checksums, we can write a function in the puppet side to
verify and apply AFAIU?

However, I do believe that applying only official patches for production
environment is the responsibility of the person/team who is maintaining the
deployment. And with WUM, we won't have this issue.

> Thanks,
> Raj.
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pubu...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Raj,
>>
>> Yes, we do. Basically, when copying files or templates puppet checks the
>> checksum by default. We haven't done anything specifically to verify
>> checksum in files in our puppet modules.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pubudu,
>>>
>>> Do we support verifying checksum when applying patches, in latest puppet
>>> modules?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Raj.

>>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
>>>
>>> LinkedIn : https://lk.linkedin.com/in/rajuu
>>> Mobile : +94777568639 <+94%2077%20756%208639>
>>>

>> --
>> *Pubudu Gunatilaka*
>> Committer and PMC Member - Apache Stratos
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
>> mobile : +94774078049 <%2B94772207163>
>>

> --
> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
>
> LinkedIn : https://lk.linkedin.com/in/rajuu
> Mobile : +94777568639 <077%20756%208639>

Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*