We can't use JavaDocs but we have to generate something like JavaDoc with
the help of the @Extension annotation that we use, we also have JavaDocs
for documenting Java classes and that will not work in this case.
The motivation is to document extensions such that its easy to refer what's
supported by Siddhi.

Regards
Suho

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Pushpitha Dilhan <
pushpitha...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I studied several ways on how to generate HTML documentation and I think
> javadoc will be an easy solution for generating Documentation HTML pages. I
> have studied how to do that using command line and have written an article
> with an example in [1]my blog. If we are going to use javadoc for this
> documentation generation we have to add javadoc comments to each of the
> extension class. Then connecting this process with maven plugin will be the
> next step. project proposal description says that it is expected to have a
> documentation similar to Java Docs[2] and will this be an approach to the
> project and I would like to know any better suggestions.
>
> [1] http://pushpithadilhan.blogspot.com/2017/03/javadoc-
> html-documentation-generator.html#.WMgyPVV97IU
> [2] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html
> <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html>
>
> Thank you.
>
> On 7 March 2017 at 10:18, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dilhan,
>>
>> Thanks for your interest in the project. Let us know if you have any
>> specific questions. You may try to build a sample maven plugin to start
>> with and also start to build the proposal.
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Pushpitha Dilhan <
>> pushpitha...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am Pushpitha Dilhan and I am a 3rd year undergraduate student at
>>> University of Moratuwa, Department of Computer Science and Engineering. I
>>> am interested in the project "Siddhi Extension Doc Auto Generation" and
>>> currently I have started studying about [2]maven plugin development and
>>> [1]extensions in Siddhi. I hope to have some guidance as a beginning of
>>> this project.
>>>
>>> [1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/CEP400/Siddhi+Extensions
>>> [2] https://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-java-plugin
>>> -development.html
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Pushpitha Dilhan
>>> Undergraduate  University of Moratuwa
>>> Department of Computer Science and Engineering
>>> +94 775880305 <+94%2077%20588%200305>
>>>
>>> <https://www.facebook.com/pushpitha.dilhan>..
>>> <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/pushpitha-dilhan-927829104>.

>> Thanks & regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> Technical Lead - Analytics Team, WSO2 Inc.
>> Mobile: +94715779733 <+94%2071%20577%209733>
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Pushpitha Dilhan
> Undergraduate  University of Moratuwa
> +94 775880305 <077%20588%200305>
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/pushpitha.dilhan>.
> <https://twitter.com/pushpithadilhan>.
> <https://lk.linkedin.com/in/pushpitha-dilhan-927829104>.

--

*S. Suhothayan*
Associate Director / Architect & Team Lead of WSO2 Complex Event Processor

*cell: (+94) 779 756 757 | blog: http://suhothayan.blogspot.com/
<http://suhothayan.blogspot.com/>twitter: http://twitter.com/suhothayan
<http://twitter.com/suhothayan> | linked-in:
http://lk.linkedin.com/in/suhothayan <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/suhothayan>*