Hi,

It'll be useful to have those details. I think we can just update the
command to work in Java 8 for now. Connecting to the JVM to get these kinds
of stats will have an impact on the server, but it should be okay as we run
carbondump to debug the server.

I think we must go through all commands in the carbondump and make sure
that all of those are still relevant for today. I can do that later.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 10:43 PM, Milinda Perera <milin...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In carbondump.sh [1] we retrieve  permgen stats in Java Heap (jmap
> -permstat $PID) . Since Java 8 onwards, it is replaced by Metaspace and
> permstat option is no longer exists in jmap tool.
>
> Metaspace can be retrieved by: jmap -clstats <PID>
>
> Shall we remove permstat and replace with clstats or just remove
> retrieving permgen stats? Is  Is it useful retrieving permstat or clstats
> to figure out errors?
> Whether it may effect on the running server?
>
> [1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/ADMIN44x/Capturing+System+Data
> +in+Error+Situations
>
> Thanks,
> Milinda
>
> --
> Milinda Perera
> Senior Software Engineer;
> WSO2 Inc. http://wso2.com ,
> Mobile: (+94) 714 115 032 <071%20411%205032>

Isuru Perera
Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/
Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

about.me/chrishantha