On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Ishara Karunarathna <isha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Dinuksha,
>
> On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Dinuksha Ishwari <
> dinuksha.ishw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Maduranga,
>>
>> I have already started working on the cloned repo of [1] in order to make
>> the necessary changes to the DCR component. I need a few clarifications on
>> below.
>>
>> 1) I used Apache Oltu's OAuthIssuer to generate the access token required
>> for Client Registration Management. Is this fine? Is there any better way?
>> And also what's the approach to keep these tokens stored on the server end.
>>
> I think you generate your own access token for this, Instead I prefer to
> use existing client credential grant type (If use is unknown and password
> grant type if use is known) And use special scope for this.
>
> And better to discuss this in architecture list [1] then you can propose
> your design and get more input.
> [1]<architect...@wso2.org>

I think you should use client credentials grant type for this and better to
discuss this in a mailing thread.

> Thanks,
> Ishara
>

>> 2) In order to add the two additional fields, registration_access_token
>> and registration_client_uri, should we modify the existing profiles,
>>
> You have to modify the existing profiles and responses if needed. I think
you only need to modify the response. The reason is there is no scenario
where the new response is sent and another scenario where the old response
is sent. In all the situations DCR should send the response with token.
However check the usages of this response object in OIDC DCR and see if
there is any conflict.

Thanks,
Maduranga.