Thanks for reporting!
I updated [1] and [2] as follows:

   - Removed the instructions that explain how to update the API source
   code via the source view UI in order to engage a custom API to a specific
   set of APIs.
   - Mentioned that the velocity_template should be used to engage a custom
   handler to a specific set of APIs
   - Added the following note.

"It is not recommended to update the API source code via the source view UI
or file system when engaging a custom handler to selected APIs, because the
customizations get overridden by the publisher updates. "

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM200/Writing+Custom+Handlers
[2] https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM210/Writing+Custom+Handlers

Regards,
Mariangela

*Mariangela Hills*
Associate Lead Technical Writer - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
Committer and PMC member - Apache Stratos
email:mariang...@wso2.com | mobile: +94 773 500185
<https://wso2.com/signature>