Hi,

With our current implementation, we check whether an OAuth app is active at
[1]. This happens before we complete client authentication at [2].

Therefore even for an invalid client_id value, the error message that we
would get will be "Oauth App is not in active state." which is not the
expected behaviour.

To fix this I see two options,

1. Handle the APP_STATE value being NULL (ie. no app was found for given
consumer key) properly. APP_STATE column allows NULL as a value so we can't
exactly say that APP_STATE == 'NULL' would imply that there is no app for a
give consumer key

2. Move the APP_STATE validation logic to be done after [2]

WDYT?

[1]
https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-inbound-auth-oauth/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.identity.oauth.endpoint/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/oauth/endpoint/token/OAuth2TokenEndpoint.java#L87-L97

[2]
https://github.com/wso2-extensions/identity-inbound-auth-oauth/blob/master/components/org.wso2.carbon.identity.oauth/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/oauth2/token/AccessTokenIssuer.java#L168

Thanks,
Farasath Ahamed