Hi,

For the initial implementation, we have decided to implement it as below,
When tailing is enabled,

   - A single file can be pointed out using the uri and it will be consumed
   and tailed.

   - If the uri points out a directory, the first file (when files are
   sorted in alphabetical ascending order) will be consumed and tailed.

Thanks and regards!

--
*Minudika Gammanpila*
Software Engineer - WSO2