Hi Riyafa,

Apart from the issues that you have mentioned, we may need to consider
following points while refactoring the cache mediator implementation.

1). Verify the cache mediator functionality with different configuration
parameters and fix if there is anything broken.
2). Implement a mechanism to support caching when using the call mediator.
3). Feasibility to introduce native JSON caching support to cache mediator.
4). Feasibility to introduce service level caching which isn't support at
the moment.

Thanks.

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Riyafa Abdul Hameed <riy...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> By going through the issues faced by the customers in the past I
> discovered the following issues:
>
>    1. Continue the execution on cache hit. Reported as an issue in
>    github[1]
>    2. Issue in processing JSON array (payload) with a single element when
>    response caching is enabled where expected response is:
>
> [
>    {
>       "msg":"Hello",
>       "services":[
>          "elec",
>          "patrol"
>       ],
>       "test":"World."
>    },
>    {
>       "msg":"Hi",
>       "services":[
>          "water"
>       ],
>       "test":"Sri Lanka."
>    }
> ]
>
> but received response is:
>
> [
> { "msg": "Hello", "services": [ "elec", "patrol" ], "test": "World." }
>
> ,
> { "msg": "Hi", "services": "water", "test": "Sri Lanka." }
>
> ]
>
> This issue has been fixed in the carbon mediation[2].
>
>            3.  When a xml body with processing instructions is stored in
> cache and sent back as json it fails with an exception. Issue was reported
> in 2015 and already has a fix in current EI.
>
> Since the last two issues have been already fixed, I would like to know
> what other issues if any needs to be addressed and if a complete rewrite of
> the cache mediator would be required.
>
> [1] https://github.com/wso2/product-ei/issues/695
>
> [2]https://github.com/riyafa/carbon-mediation/commit/
> 7aaf597988a333e1cad36dc0b5057e24fb779a5c
>

> Thank you.
>
> Riyafa
>
> --
> Riyafa Abdul Hameed
> Software Engineer, WSO2 Lanka (Pvt) Ltd <http://wso2.com/>
>
> Email: riy...@wso2.com <riyafa...@cse.mrt.ac.lk>
> Website: https://riyafa.wordpress.com/ <http://riyafa.wordpress.com/>
> <http://facebook.com/riyafa.ahf>  <http://lk.linkedin.com/in/riyafa>
> <http://twitter.com/Riyafa1>

Vijitha Ekanayake
Software Engineer*, *WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com/
Mobile : +94 777 24 73 39 | +94 718 74 44 08