Hi Hartley,

It is not directly the retriever class that you have to write. As we have
followed factory pattern here, you have to write the factory class and
configure that in the advanced property.

Code segment at [1] with help you understand how the factory is registered
to OSGI runtime and [2] can be referred as sample implementation.
Hope this will help.

[1] -
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-identity-framework/blob/master/components/user-store/org.wso2.carbon.identity.user.store.count/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/user/store/count/internal/UserStoreCountDSComponent.java#L92-L99
[2] -
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-identity-framework/tree/master/components/user-store/org.wso2.carbon.identity.user.store.count/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/user/store/count/jdbc

Thanks,

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:14 PM, J R Hartley <jrhartleys...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have successfully created a UserStoreManager implementation which loads
> correctly via a component class. However, I need a UserStoreCountRetriever
> implementation to allow the user store to work correctly. I have extended
> JDBCUserStoreCountRetriever
> and added the class name to the Count Implementation advanced property. I
> have also registered the service in my component.
>
> When I do a user search I get the following message: "Error while listing
> users. Error is : Exception occurred while trying to invoke service method
> countUsers".
>
> On the console, I get the following stack trace:
>         at org.wso2.carbon.identity.user.store.count.util.
> UserStoreCountUtils.getCounterInstanceForDomain(
> UserStoreCountUtils.java:136)
>
> It looks like it can't find, or can't load the class required to implement
> the count. The class is in the same jar file as the user store.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Jeff

Pushpalanka.
--
Pushpalanka Jayawardhana, B.Sc.Eng.(Hons).
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Lanka (pvt) Ltd;  wso2.com/