SOAP APIs are supported for backward compatibility of the product in a
minor version. However I don't think users looking at samples are users who
are migrating from IS 5.2.0 to 5.3.0 and have been using identity
management SOAP APIs in IS 5.2.0. Users who come to see samples are
absolutely new users. So IMO, it's fine to remove the old samples from IS
5.4.0 branch.

Moreover, in a meeting with documentation team we decided to remove the old
identity management content from IS 5.3.0 documentation and link to the
5.2.0 documentation to avoid confusion to the users. So in that case the
sample documentation also will be removed [1]. So another reason why the
old sample also could be removed. Only issue may be if we fix the old
sample specifically for IS 5.3.0, but I don't think that can happen in
anyway.

There is a public JIRA reported on the sample for old identity management
implementation [2]. I don't know if this issue is a documentation issue
[1], or code issue. However, since we have deprecated the component and
removing relevant content from IS 5.3.0 docs, we don't need to spend time
fixing these issues in public branch IMHO.

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/IS530/Configuring+Sample+Application+for+Identity+Management
[2] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/IDENTITY-6712

Regards,