Hi Kanapriya,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Kanapriya Kuleswararajan <
kanapr...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Malithi,
>
> If you wanted to re-scan the QR code then you have to deselect the Enable
> TOTP claim in the dashboard, this will automatically remove the secret key
> claim from the user profile.

Noted. Thanks

> BTW, for both local user and federated user this will work once you
> de-select the Enable TOTP claim from the dashboard. Because for the
> federated scenario, based on the use-cases have to create the user in the
> local user store. If you are not setting any use case, then default (local)
> use-case will get involved in the federation scenario. Please refer the
> documentation [1] for more info.

So you mean, the federated user always needs to be some how associated with
a local user ? If so, if such a local user is not found should it proceed
further ?
I was using 'userAttribute' usecase to associate with the local account. It
worked for SMS OTP but not for TOTP. Will have a check on this again,
because as per the code same utilities seems to be used in both cases.

--

*Malithi Edirisinghe*
Associate Technical Lead

Mobile : +94 (0) 718176807