Hi Isura, Ishara,

During the perf test cycles, we have observed some test failures in OAuth2
flows with tocommonauth=true parameter and AFAIR Johan explained there was
mail to revert it back use the commonauth endpoint.

Regards,
Aparna.

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Ishara Karunarathna <isha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Isura,
>

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Isura Karunaratne <is...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If the "tocommonauth" property value is true, the authentication response
>> from the login page will forward to the commonauth endpoint through OAuth2
>> Authorize Endpoint.
>>

>>    - IIRC, this was done to reduce the number of redirection in OAuth
>>    flow, but I think it is better to handle all the login response from the
>>    commonauth endpoint.
>>
>> This is used in SAML flow as well to reduce the redirections.
>

>>    - Do we need to continue supporting this or shall we remove this?
>>

>> At the moment In IS components we are not setting this parameter, but
> there are some other components Eg App manager using this (may be customers
> might have implemented authenticators with this parameter).
> Do you see any issues supporting this ?
> If not I think its better to keep this.
>
> -Ishara
>
>> String isToCommonOauth =
>> request.getParameter(FrameworkConstants.RequestParams.TO_COMMONAUTH);
>>
>> if ("true".equals(isToCommonOauth) && flowStatus == null) {
>>     try {
>>         return sendRequestToFramework(request, response);
>>     } catch (ServletException | IOException e) {
>>         log.error("Error occurred while sending request to authentication
>> framework.");
>>         return
>> Response.status(HttpServletResponse.SC_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR).build();
>>     }
>> }
>>

>> Thanks
>> Isura.
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Isura Dilhara Karunaratne*
>> Associate Technical Lead | WSO2
>> Email: is...@wso2.com
>> Mob : +94 772 254 810 <+94%2077%20225%204810>
>> Blog : http://isurad.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Ishara Karunarathna
> Associate Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware |  wso2.com
>
> email: isha...@wso2.com,   blog: isharaaruna.blogspot.com,   mobile:
> +94717996791 <071%20799%206791>

*Regards,*

*Aparna Karunarathna.*

*Associate Technical Lead - QAWSO2 Inc.Mobile: 0714002533*

* <http://wso2.com/signature>*