Hi IAM team,

As a part of my third party web application implementation to add users and
roles I would like to try if the logged in admin user can perform the
relevant activity within the app.

In order to test Login in to the web app I will be using SAML Post binding
and as well as the Redirect binding.

When I use the Post binding, I can capture the user name and password and
generate Basic authentication token retrieving it from the servlet request.

My question is,

1. If I use redirect binding, since the IDP can be any application like
wso2 IS or Facebook or salesforce etc *(a)* is it a valid use case to use
the logged in user admin's credentials to generate auth token?

*(b)* Or should I hard code one particular admin user's credentials or auth
token which is configured as admin for the thirdparty web app to perform
the relevant activities?

2. If *(a) *is valid, how can I retrieve it from the session. I can
retrieve the username from the SAML2SSO session, but my question is how to
retrieve the password to generate auth token?

Appreciate your response.

*Ushani Balasooriya*
Associate Technical Lead - EE;
WSO2 Inc; http://www.wso2.com/.