Hi all,

I'm writing shell scripts for the IAM Quick Start Guide and currently, I'm
working on the shell script which automates the configuration of SSO with
SAML2. I have encountered a problem while trying to get the application Id
of a service provider in order to perform an update operation.

The method I'm using to overcome this at the moment is,

1. I call the getApplication function in the Identity Application
Management API
2. Write the response to a text file.
3. Convert that text file into an XML file.
4. grep the value of <ax2140:applicationID>

But the problem with this approach is that I'm using a tool called xmllint to
convert the text to XML format. Since xmllint is not a default Unix command
the users will have to install it on their machines first. As it is not
appropriate to ask for the user's password while running a script, I can't
use xmllint and also most of the other approaches available.

So I would really appreciate if someone of you could help me to find a
better way to achieve this task.

Thank you in advance,
--

*Kind Regards,Nipuni Bhagya*

*Software Engineering Intern*
*WSO2*

*Mobile : +94 0779028904 <+94%2077%20767%201807>*