Hi,

As per the documentation in [1], the certificate of CA, which issued the
client certificate, should be added into the JVM trust store. Please find
the following concerns regarding this.

   - We should add the CA certificate which issued the client certificate,
   as a certificate authority in the browser. So that will be added to the
   root certificate store in browser.

The CA certificates in root certificate store, will determine which
endpoints we will be allowed to communicate with, in this case it will
allow the client to connect to whichever server presents a certificate
which was signed by one of the certificate authorities.

   - During the mutual SSL with X509 authenticator, there is no need to
   consider JVM trust store in client side, since this is a direct call from
   browser to the server.

   - During the mutual SSL with X509 authenticator, there is no need to
   consider JVM trust store in server side, since in server side, we have a
   configured trust store. JVM trsust store is needed, if only the server
   configured trust store is not loaded into the SSLContext.

So that, AFAIU, it is not needed to add CA certificate into JVM trust store
either in client or server side. WDYT?

Appreciate your ideas on this.

[1]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/ISCONNECTORS/Configuring+X509Certificate+Authenticator#ConfiguringX509CertificateAuthenticator-Workingwithcertificates