The permissions of the use role have no relevance to the issuance of the
token. For a user to obtain a token with a certain set of scopes, the two
criteria below needs to be fulfilled.

1) The user should be in a role that is bound to the scope being requested.
2) The particular application that makes the /token request needs to bear a
valid subscription to the API that has the scope attached to a Resource.

Thanks,
NuwanD.

--
Nuwan Dias