Hi Dhanya,

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM, dhanya <dhanyasanth2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nandika,
>
> Thanks but now this leaves me confused.
> Is there a difference between clustering agent and load balancer?

yes those are different.
Clustering agent is something that overall look after the cluster (like who
are the members joined / left. Communication between the nodes)
Load balancer is a device / a software that will distribute the traffic
among the available nodes in a cluster

> And do we use Hazelcast community edition or NginX load balancer in a
> production environment?

In a production set up you can have a Nginx load balance to distribute the
request among the clustered nodes.
By default WSO2 products uses Hazelcast community edition based clustering
implementation [1]

In other words. When you enable cluster in wso2 products Hazelcast
clustering agent is already available to take care of your cluster.
But a load balancer is optional,  if you don't want to distribute the
incoming request to the cluster.

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/Carbon4411/Clustering+Agent

Regards
Senduran

> Thanks and regards
> Dhanya
>

> --
> Sent from: http://wso2-oxygen-tank.10903.n7.nabble.com/WSO2-Development
> -f3.html

*Senduran *
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/ <http://wso2.com/>
Mobile: +94 77 952 6548 <+94%2077%20952%206548>