Hi Godwin,

A user store added to userstore/ path will be synched across nodes and
deploys in runtime.
The other advantage is, with that model you can configure user stores per
tenant.

Adding the user store in user-mgt.xml needs server restart and is a server
wide config.

IMO, secondary user stores should be configured as how they are defined to
be configured. For some testing purposes it is ok to user user-mgt.xml but
in production environments this should be discouraged.

Thanks,
Malithi.

--

*Malithi Edirisinghe*