Hi Shiva,

One option is to extend or add a custom keyvalidation handler to the
keymanager. The default one is DefaultKeyValidationHandler. see the
following section in api-manager.xml file

<KeyValidationHandlerClassName>org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.keymgt.handlers.DefaultKeyValidationHandler</KeyValidationHandlerClassName>

We do token validation, subscription validation, scope validation from this
handler. This is the one which gets executed when the gateway
authentication handler call the validation call.

You could use this extension point to plug a custom one and do some
additional task in the validateToken() method. You could find the source
for this handler in here[1]

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-apimgt/blob/v6.0.4/components/apimgt/org.wso2.carbon.apimgt.keymgt/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/apimgt/keymgt/handlers/DefaultKeyValidationHandler.java

Chamila.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Shiva Kumar <shiv...@securelyshare.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to write a post authentication handler in pre-packaged WSO2
> identity server 5.3.0 so that I can do some custom business operations
> after authentication is successful. I know we can write a custom
> authentication handler but I need to use existing authentication mechanisms
> and have a common extension point where post authentication logic reside.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shiva

Chamila Adhikarinayake
Senior Software Engineer