hi all,

Have we implemented a cache invalidation mechanism for authentication
related caches? Because when I have tried with 2 node deployment without
the sticky session. I have faced significant failures in during the 2nd
step.

After analysing the logs, we found the flow of the failed transactions,
[image: Untitled drawing.jpg]
1 -   Initialize request
1.1 - Add authentication context to cache
1.2 - Add authentication context to db

2 -   1st step authentication request
2.1 - Check cache, no matching value
2.2 - Get authentication context from db2
2.3 - Update the cache and db

3 -  2nd step  authentication request
3.1 - Check cache, found old authentication context

Then the authentication fails as it has the old authentication context

We need to invalidate the old cache in the first node when it updated in
the second node.  I check in the framework module, there are no
CacheEntryListener implemented to perform this invalidation.  I think we
haven't faced this issue as used sticky session. But we want to implement
this cache invalidation mechanism.

thanks,
Senthalan.
--