Hi All,

As of the current implementation, we have assumed that the user input of
the templated field is optional, i.e, always a default value should be
provided in the template.

However, in some cases, it is not possible to give default values such,
1. Latitude, longitude field templated siddhi apps used for Geofencing
2. App Id in twitter source

IMO, we should have another property added to the template field such as
"isUserInputMandatory". In this case, we should validate that all
properties should have non-empty values(Default values is not applicable).

*Workaround Tried:*
I tried to add a script to validate that the input is non-empty. However,
then the default values will be validated at the template loading thus the
template becomes broken.

Your thoughts on the matter are much appreciated.

Github Issue: https://github.com/wso2/carbon-analytics/issues/1465

Best Regards,
*Niveathika Rajendran,*
*Software Engineer.*