Hi Janak,

Thanks for brining this up. I also noticed this recently when I was doing
some demo for a customer and was planning to send a mail on this.

When we did the OIDC scopes management feature we should have addressed the
OAuth2 scopes management as well. I searched back to see if there has been
any discussion on this on architecture and I found [1]. However, the thread
hasn't been updated with the progress of the development and screenshots :(.

We can't have two separate scope management features in the product. There
is only one concept of scopes and it is a usage of scope that is there in
OIDC. So definitely +1 to use the same set of APIs to expose this
externally.

Isn't this the purpose of Resource Set Registration profile? Aren't those
APIs same as one of the above APIs? Else do we have 3 separate APIs now? We
can only have one API.

[1] "Moving oidc scope-claim mapping from registry to db" in
architect...@wso2.org

Thanks & Regards,
Johann.

--
*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby* | Associate Director/Solutions Architect |
WSO2 Inc.