Hi Devs,

We have an angular application which uses the implicit grant. In the
application, once the user is authenticated, till the IDP session is active
we do a silent refresh using an iframe to keep the token alive, but here I
face a scenario like this.

Let's say the access token is having a lifespan of 10 min and the session
at the identity server is having a lifespan of 15 min, I would like to do a
silent refresh when the access token is about to expire. For example in
like in 9 min. In this case, as there is already an active token exists,
the IDP will return that active token which is having 1 min lifespan. So
before the next silent refresh call the token will get expired.

How can I handle this scenario. As this is a SPA, I don't want to do revoke
and renew because we will have to store the client_secret in order to do
this. So what is the best approach for this ?

I was thinking a scenario like, appending a random scope with original
requested scope each time we do the silent refresh. So we get a new access
token every time. Will that be a correct approach ?

Appreciate your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Prakhash

--
*Prakhash Sivakumar | Senior Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc*
*+94771510080 | prakh...@wso2.com <prakh...@wso2.com>