Cliff,

There is no question about James going over the proper Apache process he
should have listened to the community before sending such a message.

On the technical side of things, I think this change is helpful for a
bunch of users and we should go ahead with it before the upcoming v2
release. If this change is postponed, it will make life harder for the
users of the v2 release itself. So if there are no technical objections
I will check it in.

Thanks,
Cezar

Join CEO Alfred Chuang and CTO Mark Carges on June 15 for a unique online
event, giving you the first look at a new category of enterprise software
built specifically for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).

Register Now.  It's Free!

http://www.bea.com/events/june15