The mission of Yetus is a collection of libraries and tools that enable
contribution and release processes for software projects

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Yetus was founded 2015-09-15 (5 years ago)
There are currently 12 committers and 9 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 4:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-12-17.
- No new committers. Last addition was Akira Ajisaka on 2018-02-06.

## Project Activity:
The Apache Yetus 0.13.0 release was cut on 2020-11-27 and announced as
official on 2020-12-06.  It is by far the release with the most
JIRA issues and code changes since project inception.  While there
are significant features added, there was also a lot of code removed
and documentation enhancements as we push towards making the project
easier to use and adopt.  Part of that work included working with Legal
on LEGAL-537 which codifies our intent to publish a GitHub Action into the
GitHub Marketplace--a first for an ASF project.  (At the moment we are
prevented from publishing on the Marketplace as it looks like the agreement
needs to get re-signed, but we are unsure as to why.  Not an issue for
the board; just an FYI if you go looking for the Github Action in
the Marketplace and isn't there yet.  :) )

With the publishing of the GitHub Action, we will almost certainly need
to get closer to the projects original founding goal of quarterly
releases. A lot of work was put into this release to speed up the release
process, so we will hopefully see that work pay off.

## Community Health:
As usual during a release effort, metrics pick up substantially:

* dev@yetus.apache.org had a 112% increase in traffic in the past quarter (53
  emails compared to 25):
* 91 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (333% increase)
* 94 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (308% increase)
* 128 commits in the past quarter (753% increase)
* 99 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (518% increase)
* 99 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (607% increase)

The only bad part is that most of the heavy lifting is still being done
by a small group of people:

* 4 code contributors in the past quarter (no change)