Hi,

We have been making big steps since our last release. Some major changes
have gone in and some are almost ready. The changes include:
- rest API updates
- new node storage and sorting
- upgrade to a later K8s version as a build dependency
- scheduler interface change

Work is ongoing on generating a new set of performance figures. This
includes documenting how to run our performance tests so we can repeat them
when we want to.

Based on all this work I would like to propose a 1.0.0 release to be ready
for a vote by the incubator PMC by the start of December 2021. This will
give us some time to get the last fixes in and stabilise the release. A
release for us is still a multistep project:
- fork and prepare the release
- vote in the project
- vote in the incubator PMC
Looking back at the last release cycles that means we should have a build
ready for voting by 22 November on the dev list. Which would mean that we
fork the release at the latest in the second week of November.

Please let me know if the timeline is too ambitious or not ambitious enough.

Wilfred