Hi all,

I’m suggesting to rename the 0.12.0 release to 0.12.1.

Last week we had a release candidate for 0.12.0 that had issues and didn’t pass
the voting process. Now thanks to Craig Condit who promptly resolved all the
blockers, we are ready to start the release process again. Due to YUNIKORN-896
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-896> that was done last week,
v0.12.0 was a tag that was already used in the core repo. To resolve a blocker,
a commit was rolled back from the core’s branch-0.12 branch. Now the core repo
needs to be re-tagged and then the shim needs to point to the updated tag in
the core. But due to a design decision
<https://github.com/golang/go/issues/33969#issuecomment-527536161> in the Go
Modules system (again thanks to Craig who found it), the go.sum checksum
records can’t be updated to point to a new commit that re-uses a previous tag.
The consequence is that we can’t re-tag the core with v0.12.0 anymore. This is
the reason why I’m proposing the rename the upcoming release 0.12.1.

Let me know if you have any concerns or other suggestions.

Thanks,
Chaoran