Hi all,

I'd like to start conversation of building a formal process of YuniKorn
Improvement Proposal (YIP).

(X)IP is a common approach to propose, discuss, collaborate on and tackle
major or important changes in open source projects and communities. Within
Apache projects, there're successful examples and adoptions like Spark
(SPIP), Flink (FLIP), Kafka (KIP).

Similarly, a YIP will define the following parts, including but not limited
to:
- what's considered a "major change" that needs a YIP
- what should be included in a YIP (e.g. motivation/business
justifications, use case requirements, proposed changes, API changes,
migration/compatibility, rejected alternatives, etc)
- who should initiate or be involved in a YIP
- end-to-end process

YK community has been growing, and we've seen cases where such a process
can help to better facilitate communications, understanding, and
collaborations within YK community.

Please share your thoughts, or +1/-1. If we get a consensus this is good, I
will submit a draft for YIP for broader review.

Thanks,
Bowen