Remove YuniKorn application CRD should be fine, I don't think we ever
reached the GA for this feature, and I don't think anyone is using it.
The operator plugin, however, I don't think we should remove, for example
the Spark CRD plugin
<https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-k8shim/blob/master/pkg/appmgmt/sparkoperator/spark.go>
provides
the hook to YK in order to update the Spark job status more consistently.

Weiwei