Yes I think we need to spin a new RC: -1 for RC1

Go 1.21.8 delivers a total of 5 CVE fixes, with another CVE in the
protobuf code.
We should fix the two memory leaks discovered. Both are simple and
non-invasive fixes.

We should remove the reproducible build details from the README until
we figure out what is happening.

Wilfred