Github user bzz commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/989

    Do you want to do that on the client-side, right in the browser?

    I see what you mean - our existing impor function indeed fetches from URL
and parse JSON right in the browser, but I do not think that such architecture
will suit our case, as then the whole IPFS stack need to be run on the client.
And it is not something that we want add here (we want  self-contained
`IpfsNotebookRepo` implementation)

    I think what you could do here is - create a new REST API endpoint, pass
this hash (which is like an URL in our case) to this REST API, and make it
delegate actual fetching logic to a method in `IpfsNotebookRepo` and then, on
the client, just rear the response, as a JSON.

    This logic can be later used for BitTorrent notebooks storage support as
well as simple URL case could be refactored to use it (but that is outside of
the scope of this PR of course)

    Let me introduce you to @corneadoug - he is known Zeppelin front-end ninja,
whose knowledge of the client side codebase is by far greater than mine.

    @corneadoug Could you please help @onkarshedge and guide him on
refactoring\updating `notenameImport.controller.js` in such way, that it could
delegate hash->JSON resolution in case of notebook import to the backend API,
for the case of importing notes from new IPFS storage by IPFS hash (which is
like a bittorent address)?

---
with INFRA.
---