Hi Onkar,

`./grunt serve` is the best way to go, also everything in that mode should
be the same as after build.

I just tried and import dialog is showing, so if there is issues, you might
want to clean your cache, or might
have forgot to add the newly created .js file in the index.html (
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/CONTRIBUTING.md#new-files-includes
)

Otherwise, Zeppelin is splitted in submodules, and you do not need to build
the whole project for changes in one module.
While you are running the server, you could just do: `./grunt build` (in
zeppelin-web) in another term, and it would update the running web-app with
new code compiled.