Github user prabhjyotsingh commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1322

    Yes, I thought about the usage in mac and windows, and initially started of
with using `RUNAS ${userName}` for windows and `su - ${userName}` for *nix
systems, but then it requires zeppelin server to run as root. Hence,
implemented with `ssh ${userName}@localhost`.

    Have not thought about the cases in which system admin uses virtual users.

    Now since with this, we are able to propagate end web user to
RemoteInterpreterManagedProcess.start, we can choose to use some other
mechanism in `interpreter.sh`/`interpreter.cmd` instead of "ssh", or may be
make it configurable using some extra config in "zeppelin-env.sh"

    What do you recommend, that would be a secure and all full proof mechanism
by which we can run interpreter as different user ?

---
with INFRA.
---