Github user ekantheshwara commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/986

    @prabhjyotsingh
    Thanks a lot for your response.
    I am using AD and the authentication is working fine. I have a user User1
who is a member of AD_Group1 which is associated with the "admin" role in
Shiro. I have a dashboard for which I have configured AD_Group1 as reader,
writer and owner.
    When I login as User1 and try to access the dashboard, I am getting the
message "But the user User1 belongs to: [User1]". Clearly, Zeppelin is not
aware of the group membership of the user.
    Can you please advise what could have gone wrong here ?

---
with INFRA.
---