Hi devs!

Does anybody know what is the purpose of the second Travis job?

I thought it should run all core unit tests but I found that it doesn't run
anything. Actually it runs 5 integration tests from
org.apache.zeppelin.integration package but all of them are skipped because of
TEST_SELENIUM=false. As a result we have zeppelin-server unit tests which don't
used at all (in any of Travis jobs).

I guess that it is because of the exclamation mark in "-Dtest" property:
-Dtest='!ZeppelinSparkClusterTest,!org.apache.zeppelin.spark.*'
which is not supported by maven-surefire-plugin of version 2.17 (which is used
in Zeppelin). Exclamation mark is supported started from 2.19 but still does
not work properly. Instead of this we can use surefire "exclude" property in
pom.xml by passing parameter from command line:

.travis.yaml:
-Dtests.to.exclude='ZeppelinSparkClusterTest,org.apache.zeppelin.spark.*'
pom.xml: <exclude>${tests.to.exclude}</exclude>

So should we run all core unit tests in the second Travis job or not?

Regards,
Alexander