GitHub user prabhjyotsingh reopened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2529

    [ZEPPELIN-1515] Use Hadoop-FileSystem api to implement NotebookRepo

    ### What is this PR for?
    With this PR, I attempt to use Hadoop-filesystem API to implement
`NotebookRepo`, which in my opinion is very generic in nature, as with this we
will be able to support multiple scheme of the URI like local file system
`file:///`, Hadoop file system `hdfs://localhost:8020`, S3 etc. So far I have
tested this only with local and HDFS.

    ### What type of PR is it?
    [Improvement]

    ### Todos
    * [ ] - Periodic refresh of kerberos ticket.

    ### What is the Jira issue?
    * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1515

    ### How should this be tested?
    In zeppelin-site.xml enable these two configs; to write into HDFS.

    ```
    <property>
      <name>zeppelin.notebook.storage</name>
      <value>org.apache.zeppelin.notebook.repo.HDFSNotebookRepo</value>
      <description>notebook persistence layer implementation</description>
    </property>

    <property>
      <name>zeppelin.hadoop.uri</name>
      <value>hdfs://localhost:8020</value>
      <description>The scheme of the URI determines a configuration property
name, fs.scheme.class whose value names the FileSystem class.
      e.g. `hdfs://localhost:8020`, or `file:///`
      </description>
    </property>
    ```

    ### Screenshots (if appropriate)

    ### Questions:
    * Does the licenses files need an update? N/A
    * Is there breaking changes for older versions? N/A
    * Does this needs documentation? Yes

    $ git pull https://github.com/prabhjyotsingh/zeppelin ZEPPELIN-1515

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2529.patch

    This closes #2529

----
commit 3001e12d211adfa2db2c406fcfaa08ff7667212d
Author: Prabhjyot Singh <prabhjyotsi...@gmail.com>
Date:   2017-08-14T20:41:22Z

    use Hadoop-FileSystem api to implement NotebookRepo

----

---
with INFRA.
---