Github user Leemoonsoo commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2542

    @malayhm Let me try summarize in this way

    a. Merge this PR -> Tab completion works but target interpreter to apply
tab completion is hardcoded in the front-end.
    b. Merge this PR + https://github.com/malayhm/zeppelin/pull/1  -> Remove
hardcoded part from front-end and let each interpreter choose completion key.
But it does not applied to existing interpreter setting
[ZEPPELIN-2907](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2907).
    c. Merge this PR + https://github.com/malayhm/zeppelin/pull/1  +
[ZEPPELIN-2907](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2907) ->
Everything is happy

    a) brings something on development of interpreter (i.e. we should document
where interpreter developer can find and change completion key from the
front-end code).
    And b) brings something on using zeppelin (i.e. we should document the
behavior that existing interpreter setting does not have tab completion key
support).

    If we agree that c) is something we want to deliver to our users, which
part do you want to cover in this PR @malayhm ?

    And according to comment from @zjffdu

    > @Leemoonsoo I hit the interpreter.json upgrade issue when doing
interpreter component refactoring, and I think I already fixed it.
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-zengine/src/main/java/org/apache/zeppelin/interpreter/InterpreterSettingManager.java#L199

    issue  [ZEPPELIN-2907](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2907)
is already solved?

---