Github user matyix commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2637

    hello @echarles. Yes it works for us - we use this extensively every day on
k8s. ln our env deps (local deps downloaded to localRepo) are added to
spark-submit command line with `--jars`, provided that
`spark.submit.deployMode=cluster` and `master=k8s://…` are set to spark
interpreter. It seems that in your case the default launcher is not the k8s
specific one. Can you please check that you have set these two above in
interpreter settings and let me know if it still doesn’t work - also can you
send me the logs if the ones above are set and still not working for you?

---