Github user sanjaydasgupta commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2978

    Hi @zjffdu

    While reading the code of `FileSystemConfigStorage.java`, I noticed that
the method `save(...)` delegates its work to
`FileSystemStorage.writeFile(...)`. Interestingly, this `writeFile(...)` method
has an _unused_ boolean parameter named `writeTempFileFirst`.

    My guess is that this unused boolean parameter `writeTempFileFirst` is in
fact a _ToDo_ that has been left here with the intention of adding the same
kind of protective logic that we are discussing here.

    Please let me know if that is the case, and if so whether I can go ahead
and implement the required logic in the `FileSystemStorage.writeFile(...)`
method.

    Thanks for your help.

---