Github user zjffdu commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2974

    hmm, I missed that statement in description. But I think it would be better
to pop up a error message to users when it fails to restart. I don't think user
would know to hover over that icon to see the error message.

    BTW, another thing I'd like to clarify is that the restarting button
doesn't means `restarting interpreter` for now. It is just `terminate the
interpreter but not start it`.  Interpreter starting happens when user run
paragraph.This is a legacy issue we should fix.

---