Github user oxygen311 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/3090

    1. LSP is usable and powerful solution:
    - LSP can understand imports in the start of paragraph;
    - We can use already made solution for every language and don't write new
one;
    - LSP server contains much more information than we process now.
    E.g. it's able to show documentation of a method, reformat code, find
references etc.

    2-3. Now every paragraph is isolated, so `a` will not be shown.
    It's made because in current implementation we can not keep connection to
the server (because a lot of JVMs).
    But maybe someone has better architecture ideas how to connect zeppelin to
LSP.

---