Github user selvinsource commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/3092

    @zjffdu
    the issue reported by @mebelousov may have been caused by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-3557
    and not this PR, as I only added in the beam interpreter the dependency on
the java interpreter.

    If you look at scio/pom.xml it has
    ```
      <groupId>org.apache.zeppelin</groupId>
      <artifactId>zeppelin-scio_2.10</artifactId>
      <packaging>jar</packaging>
      <version>0.9.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <name>Zeppelin: Scio</name>
      <description>Zeppelin Scio support</description>
    ```
    So maven will always only build the 2.10 version for scio.

    At the same time the beam/pom.xml
    has dependency to
    ```
     <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.zeppelin</groupId>
          <artifactId>zeppelin-scio_${scala.binary.version}</artifactId>
          <version>${project.version}</version>
        </dependency>
    ```
    which do not exists for scala 2.11.

    So the solution is either that scio is also built for 2.11 or beam to
reference 2.10 no matter what the scala version is.

    I think you never noticed it before because the beam interpreter was "opt
in" so perhaps nobody noticed this as they only ever built the beam interpreter
(-Pbeam) with scala 2.10 and not 2.11.

    But now that all profiles have been removed as per ZEPPELIN-3557, the beam
interpreter needs the correct scio version.

---