Github user Leemoonsoo commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/233#issuecomment-133054767

    The reason support * and allowing * by default is, to keep the same
behavior.
    We already seeing many people asking about connection problem in various
environment.

    Current origin autodetect routine
    ```
    java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName().toLowerCase()
    ```
    is not sufficient to cover many cases.

    I think until Zeppelin gets better autodetect routine that covers most
cases automatically, we need to suppose * and make it default. Otherwise people
will keep asking and keep having trouble with configuring origin. Later we can
deprecate * and remove it finally.

    Please consider this too.

---
with INFRA.