Github user jeffsteinmetz commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/520#issuecomment-162800158

    Things also get interesting when you return Json with nested objects and
try to treat them like a flat relational database response (shown in the
example pie charts and sql like table response examples in this PR).

    I believe the idea behind this PR is to return the raw Elasticsearch Json,
and potentially graph it or put it into tables?  Admittedly, I've only passed
over this PR with a quick scan of your source.  Happy to dig into it more over
time.

    ES-hadoop (native spark) has been working toward getting a variety of json
use cases working with dataframes.

    It is a problem being worked on in es-hadoop, thats fairly complex.  I.e.
how would it handle this?

    ```
    {
    "foo" : [5,6],
    "nested": {
      "bar" : [{"date":"2015-01-01", "scores":[1,2]}, {"date":"2015-01-01",
"scores":[3,4]}],
      "what": "now" }
     }
    ```